- A holiday tablescape inspired by Love Actually — House Beautiful
- The easiest ways to make your home holiday ready — HuffPost Home
- This Tribeca loft that is almost too good to be true — Grey and Scout
- Chic hostess gifts under $20 — The Nest
- Stand up! This home will make you do the wave — Curbed
- This is what happens when Nate Berkus designs your apartment — Domino
- The foolproof guide to planting a Winter garden — Houzz
While we're all for budget-friendly finds — who isn't? — there are some gifts worth saving for. Iconic, luxurious, and a bit over-the-top, these accent pieces will more than please the person who has it all. See the splurge-worthy finds — from an 18-karat gold-dipped bowl to a jewelry box worth more than some jewels — that made our ultimate wish list for the season!
Today's Daily Obsession features Lands' End! This classic brand is your one-stop shop for everything from cardigans to needlepoint stockings and holiday decor. Plus, right now, POPSUGAR viewers can enjoy an exclusive 20% off, good for one week only from Dec. 13 to Dec. 19. You must use code POPSUGAR and pin 1213 when you check out. This is a great opportunity to do all your last-minute holiday shopping, so be sure to check out the video and see some of our favorite items from Lands' End on today's Daily Obsession.
If you were to stop and go through the quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies weighing down your purse or cluttering up your car cup holder, how much do you think you'd collect? $10? $25? Well, according to the experts at Coinstar, the average amount cashed in for eCertificates and/or gift cards at their coin kiosks is a whopping $56 — twice as much as people think they have. Talk about a nice, unexpected chunk of change as we head into the holiday season (especially since so many of us go over budget on holiday shopping!).
Our advice to you: make every coin count! Take a few minutes to grab all the spare change "jingle-belling" in your purses, pockets, car, and desk drawers, then hit your local Coinstar kiosk, where you can turn the contents of your coin jar into cash or no-fee eCertificates from popular brands, including Amazon, iTunes, Gap, and Starbucks. Click here to find the Coinstar kiosk closest to you.
Now that you know there might be more change lying around than you think, what would you do with those extra pennies this holiday?
The price: $98
Why we want it: Thanks to Northern California-based artist Sophie Leininger, there's never been a better reason to work on our downward dog. With a mat this gorgeous, we're considering carving out that permanent yoga nook we've never had "room" for. As a dedicated yogi with a passion for traditional textiles, Sophie came up with a smart solution for combining her two loves. Her hand-painted motifs are digitally transferred to the mats using nontoxic inks. The result? A high-performance piece of exercise eye candy that looks like it came from a world bazaar.
If you're looking for last-minute decorating ideas this season, consider the search over. Turning to a few of our favorite tastemakers, we found several adaptable ideas to make your home complete. Whether you opt for Elsie Larson's bright DIY or keep it simple like Hanna Seabrook with a festive candle or two, these 12 ideas are bound to lend a festive touch!
- Throw a tasty Jennifer Aniston-inspired holiday celebration — Food
- Find out how stars reacted to their Golden Globe nominations — Entertainment
- Steal 10 glam holiday looks from Hollywood's finest — Beauty
- Learn how to take amazing Winter photos of your kids — Moms
- See this week's best-dressed stars — Fashion
- Warm up with a high-protein crockpot soup — Fitness
- Find Beyoncé in this week's cute candids — Celebrity & News
- Beat the sniffles with this DIY vapor rub — Smart Living
- Behold Jonathan Adler's go-to sources for groovy gifts — Home
- Make the months pass quickly with these hot men's calendars — Love & Sex
- Get intimate with direct messaging on Instagram — Tech
- Video: Fix scuffed heels with glitter polish — Fashion
Happy chic isn't just Jonathan Adler's design mantra. After peeking at his holiday shopping list, we're convinced that anyone receiving something from him this year will be both (Simon Doonan, we're looking at you!). The peppy potter-turned-design-mogul has a knack for making retro feel relevant, which is why we had to find out what made his holiday lust list. Check out the things he can't wait to give and receive this year!
What He's Dying to Give
"Winter is here, people! I love a soft, squishy blanket, and this Richard Nixon Alpaca Throw ($295) is big enough for a snuggle à deux."
"I just launched a line of groovy socks ($30 for a set of three), and I'm on a personal mission to turn the ankle into a fetish zone."
"I'm going to give my hubby this sweater ($1,395) from Michael Bastian (I hope he's not reading!). It's graphic, it's cozy, and I think Simon will look even more adorable than he usually does — if that's even possible."
Keep reading to see what he's hoping to receive!
Are you the kind of shopper who manages to spend your paycheck before it arrives? Or are you practical, holding off on morning lattes to support your wardrobe fund? Whether you're spontaneous or careful with your money, ShopStyle's game will help you discover your shopping personality. We all know justifying the purchase is half the fun of shopping — right? Play the How Do You Shop Style? game, and you'll be entered to win a luxe bag from Balenciaga, Saint Laurent, or Proenza Schouler — start playing now!