If you are heading to Bonnaroo this weekend, you are likely getting ready right now. As you know, Bonnaroo is all about having a good time (and music), so we're highlighting fun and functional pieces to bring to the festival — including furniture, accessories, games, and more. With a mix of sturdy, must-have basics and cute, just-because accessories, these aren't your average camping picks. Whether you're camping on site, staying at a nearby house, or channeling the festival vibe in your own backyard, you'll be smitten with these chic pieces for outdoor entertainment.
If you're like us, then you're probably counting down the days until Memorial Day Weekend, making a mental checklist of everything you need (and want) for an epic three-day stretch. Good news: we've done the work for you. If your forecast for fun includes eating, drinking, or lounging, then we have just the things you'll need to make sure it's done in style.
- Blue Glass Yorkshire Dispenser ($20): Fill this mason-jar-inspired dispenser with fresh lemonade.
- Pink Ikat Cocktail Napkins ($12): Replace paper with vibrant cloth versions you'll use all Summer long.
- Orange Hammock ($80): Lacey, scalloped sides elevate this backyard staple.
- Pineapple Drink Stirrer Set ($38): Keep these on hand for guests who prefer spiked lemonade.
- Aqua Pacific Tumblers ($6 for two): These acrylic glasses are good enough to set the table with but can be taken on picnics too.
- Mirage Ice Bucket ($58): Keep drinks cool with this groovy ice vessel.
- Bullhorn Speaker ($10): For no-hassel poolside tunes, attach one of these to your cell phone.
- Hot-Pot BBQ ($124): An herb planter and a portable grill in one? We're sold!
- Outdoor Pagoda Umbrella ($495): Channel Palm Beach in the '60s with this striped umbrella.
- Tavira Melamine Plate ($6): We love the hand-painted feel of these outdoor-friendly plates.
May is in full swing, and with it comes the official beginning of outdoor entertaining season. Since ambience is almost as important as the company, here are my top three essentials for entertaining in style.
Melamine plates ($6 each) are a great option for outdoor entertaining because they are virtually unbreakable, lightweight, and dishwasher safe. Plus, have you ever tried to cut anything on a paper plate? Guaranteed fail. These resemble hand-painted Mediterranean ceramics, which make you feel like you are vacation even if you are just picnicking at the park.
Indoors or out, candles are a great way to add ambience to any gathering. Since candlesticks are too fragile and susceptible to wind, go for some ornate lanterns ($10-$25 for two) instead. I love these for their great shape, their range of colors, and the fact that they come in three sizes. Pair the small ones with flowers for a complete tabletop look and use the larger ones elsewhere on the patio or in the yard. Rock the casbah!
The trick is to find good-looking glasses that aren't glass. These come in three colors and have a great pattern on the outside that will hide the wear and tear that acrylic glasses ($7 each) always seem to undergo in the dishwasher. I also love that they are large enough for drinks that require ice.
The combination of bright Mexican textiles and treats, a garden backdrop, and some of our favorite Pottery Barn* classics inspired me to get a head start on Cinco de Mayo festivities. A punch bowl-turned terrarium, stacked bowl vases, and flowing fruit cake stand are just a few of the DIY centerpieces that transformed the table. Keep reading for simple styling tips to pull off your own Mexican tablescape for Cinco de Mayo and beyond!
*This content was part of Pottery Barn's unpaid mystery box challenge
If Cinco de Mayo isn't on your radar, you might want to reconsider. Commemorating the Mexican victory in the Battle of Puebla (yes, we looked that up), Cinco de Mayo is an entertainer's dream — between the bright colors, good food, and those margaritas, May 5 is going to be your new favorite holiday. Start addressing the invites because we have everything you need to dip chips in style at what is bound to be your annual Cinco de Mayo celebration. Viva la Mexico!
As the season of alfresco dining gets under way, we're on the hunt for outdoor entertaining essentials (at a fraction of the cost). Patterned linens, charming serve ware, stylish lighting options — these affordable must haves will carry you through Spring and beyond. Planning to host a few get-togethers during the warmer months? Take a look at our favorite deals and steals on outdoor entertaining items!
Wedding season is here! Don't worry — even if you aren't planning your own nuptials, you can still benefit from all the hubbub. It turns out that lots of outdoor wedding receptions incorporate simple and beautiful DIYs that would elevate any outdoor party, first dance or no. We rounded up our favorites that cover everything from tabletops to trees, so get ready to throw the best party ever! Professional photographer totally optional.
- Shop for extra seating that can be easily stashed once the party is over. Folding wooden chairs, benches, and garden stools can be stored or repurposed in other parts of the house after the party is over.
- Add a pretty and protective surface to outdoor tabletops with tablecloths. Oilcloths are offered in a variety of patterns and colors and are ideal for easy cleanup.
- Set down the bug spray and keep mosquitoes at bay with beautifully packaged citronella candles. We especially love the classic, subdued elegance of glass votive citronella candles.
We're happy to present a post from Stylelist Home!
It's finally summertime, and we are so ready for all of our favorite warm-weather activities, especially outdoor entertaining. There is just something special about dining alfresco! We've rounded up some beautiful images of outdoor dining spaces where we would be thrilled to dine with our friends until the wee hours of the evening. Whether it is a table set for two or 10 with fancy china and linens or paper plates and burlap, there is no right way to design a tablescape outside.
Who needs chairs with this impromptu outdoor dining room composed of comfy cushions and a wood plank table?
This sweet tablescape is punctuated by potted green plants, crisp white linens, and a pop of yellow.
Keep reading for more outdoor entertaining inspiration!