- Color block is the new floral — The Cut
- More speculation about Kate Middleton's wedding dress designer — FabSugar UK
- Natalie Portman's inner circle of fashion friends — People
- The Fall/Winter 2011 London Fashion Week schedule is now in — Vogue UK
- The Weekender: an office party outfit — Stylelist
- Festive jackets, coats, and cardigans for the holidays — Fashionologie
- Help Jessica Simpson make another billion at Overstock — The Budget Fashionista
- Red carpet trend: Winter whites — Red Carpet Fashion Awards
- Pilar Olaverri's Spring collection for Derek Lam available early — W Editors' Blog
- Boulevard: Winter color pop — Hilltop Glossy
- Gearing up for the cold weather — Vogue Daily
- Gift guides 2010: young and edgy — Purse Blog
This Austin Pearl sofa ($549.99, marked down from $1,399.99) is the perfect party guest. It's never too rowdy, it doesn't announce its presence with an inappropriately loud and gaudy get-up, and it never takes on the role of the wallflower. In fact, it always looks like it's perfectly comfortable and perfectly suited for its situation. With its velvety beige upholstery and quality hardwood frame, this sofa will have you sinking into its comfy yet modern confines as soon as you get home from work. And when you do throw the inevitable house party? It'll be happy to mix and mingle (and to hold up its end of the bargain when it comes to accommodating weary guests). Just don't expect it to pass out hors d'œuvres.
I'm a loyal supporter of Overstock.com. Their inventory is enormous; it's all discounted; it's changing all the time; and last but not least, the cost of shipping is always just $2.95. Yes there's a lot of ugly in there, but if you take the time to sift through it all, it might be worth it.
Doing just that, I found this gem: an 8' x 10' hand-tufted blue striped wool rug ($247), which originally cost $700. The stripes are simple yet bold, and would work well with a variety of décor styles. I'm partial to the cool blue tones, but the rug is also available in a few other color schemes. Click below to see the others.