Neat freaks and design junkies, rejoice — Crate and Barrel's new utility brand Clean Slate launches today! The line includes 150 beautifully designed tools, appliances, and cleaning products meant to whip workhorse spaces like laundry rooms and closets into shape.
While the new line offers plenty of straightforward pieces, items like the assortment of handmade brushes from German manufacturer Redeker and the exclusive collection with eco-friendly laundry boutique brand The Laundress are really kicking us into Spring-cleaning mode.
Keep reading for the star products we're stocking up on!
We recently swung by the Fall press previews for Crate & Barrel, CB2, and Land of Nod, and were utterly delighted by the new Fall lines. Most of these pieces won't be available until July, so you're getting an exclusive peek at what to expect from these companies in the coming months — make sure to bookmark your favorites so you can look for them online or in-store after July. Here are some quick notes on each collection:
- Crate & Barrel: Gorgeous Marimekko fabrics, natural woods, plaid and stripe upholstery, organic, handmade-looking tableware, pops of blue, and beautiful pendant lamps are some of the highlights for us.
- CB2: A fun, urban vibe, big pops of color, especially yellow, experimentation with pattern (see the red gingham lounge chair and various rugs), and natural woods.
- Land of Nod: This kids' retailer provides major inspiration for weddings or outdoor party decor thanks to the lanterns, garlands, string lights, and textiles. We're also loving the throw pillow, pendants, Sante Fe-style rugs, wall decor, and more.
Keep clicking to see everything we loved from the retailers!
All photos courtesy of Tanya Salazar for Crate and Barrel
I love this idea from Crate and Barrel to hang pictures with ribbons from a natural branch of birch. And the branch itself is hanging from curtain tiebacks. It's a stunning but casual idea and easy to do at home, too — no major tools required!
Like what you see? Start following House of Anais, or create your own OnSugar blog!
Lovers of Marimekko have reason to cheer. In just a few short months, there will be three new, easier than ever ways to indulge in the Finnish company's fantastic textiles. Read on for the details!
- Marimekko is opening 22 shop-in-shops in Crate and Barrel Stores in the US and Canada. Chicago, LA, San Francisco, and New York residents can enjoy shopping at the first four stores this Spring. New York's Soho Crate and Barrel also opened a Marimekko shop in October of last year.
- Marimekko is opening a flagship store this Fall on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. Just like its flagship Helsinki store, this shop will be designed by Japanese architectural firm IMA in collaboration with Marimekko's designers.
- The company's goods will also be available internationally through revamped ecommerce sites. Look for the first online shop to open in the US by this Summer. (I'll share details, of course!)
Explaining the new stores and ecommerce sites, Marimekko President and CEO Mika Ihamuotila explained, "It is crucially important for us to be able to introduce our customers to the whole world of Marimekko in our own way. The new flagship store is also meant to support our online shop, which will be opened in the US this year, and our extensive cooperation with Crate and Barrel."
If you're a fan of Finnish textile company Marimekko, good news: soon it will be even easier to purchase its designs. In the next three years, Crate and Barrel and Marimekko will collaborate to roll out over 20 shop-in-shops in Crate and Barrel Stores in the US and Canada.The first stores will open this Spring. Locations include Madison Avenue in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Marimekko's online presence will also be extended through an ecommerce shop within Crate and Barrel's website.
Marimekko President and CEO Mika Ihamuotila noted, "The new contract with our long-time partner Crate and Barrel is a truly significant step for Marimekko. Crate and Barrel's stores are in the best locations in their cities and they are very well-known and successful, so in them Marimekko will have excellent opportunities to reach new audiences interested in original design."
Take a look at some of Crate and Barrel's current selections below.
After opening an ungodly amount of Christmas presents each year, it baffles me how we can all continue to shop, rushing to stores for post-Christmas sales or spending hours online in search of "what we really wanted." But I'm guilty as charged, and when the sale alert emails keep on comin', it's hard not to browse — just a little. Here are a few sales I'm having trouble resisting:
- Crate & Barrel's Winter Clearance Sale, with discounts up to 50 percent off.
- West Elm's sale, with discounts up to 75 percent off.
- 10 percent off all products at the Shade Store through Dec. 31.
- Barneys New York Designer Sale, with discounts up to 60 percent off.
- Up to 50 percent off clearance at Horchow.
- Macy's Biggest White Sale of the year, up to 60 percent off.
- Up to 60 percent off home items at Bloomingdale's.
- One Kings Lane Holiday Blowout Sale.
P.S. This dapper, tailored sofa is the Crate & Barrel Trace Apartment Sofa ($899) — such a steal!
For me, Shopkick seems like a money-making machine, and I'm baffled as to why more of my tech-savvy friends aren't using it! As soon as this partnership launches, I'm planning a major tech renovation. Are you checking in to stores with Shopkick?
- Save 15% off everything + free shipping at Crate & Barrel with the code SAVE15.
- $50 off almost every $250 you spend at Bloomingdale's.
- Free shipping on orders over $75 at Urban Outfitters.
- Free monogramming and shipping on holiday accents and gifts at Pottery Barn.
- 20% off all orders + free shipping at Williams-Sonoma Home through Tuesday.
- 20% off orders of $200 or more at 20x200.com with the code CM200X.
- Free shipping on everything except furniture at West Elm.