Fall into the season! Chilly temps are blowing in while tree leaves are changing color — a sure sign that Autumn has indeed arrived. It's time to spruce up your home with a few seasonal accessories. Check out these 6 kid-friendly DIY decor projects that add some seasonal eye candy to your home — without breaking the bank!
- There are now more Subways in the world than McDonald's.
- There are now more Subways in the world than McDonald's. — Eater
- Kahlúa from bean to bottle. — Serious Eats
- Five things new cooks should know. — Eatocracy
- Gabrielle Hamilton talks about her upcoming memoir, Blood, Bones, and Butter. — Elle
- On the rise of female brewers. — The Atlantic
- In the kitchen with Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo, of LA's Animal. — Huffington Post Food
- Coffee with Grant Achatz. — Grub Street NY
- A look at Tom Colicchio's Craft restaurant 10-year anniversary dinner. — The Feast
Source: Flickr User jetalone
It's been just two years since the Top Chef head judge, who won this year's James Beard Award for outstanding chef, decided to do business in the deep South.
His food drew accolades from local critics — so why is that branch of the Craft and Craftbar empire reportedly calling it quits this coming Valentine's Day? To find out more details, head over to Slashfood for the full story.
Many of my childhood Summer vacations were spent in the South where fireflies lit up the night sky. I have a soft spot in my heart for the light-emitting bugs, which explains why I am swooning over this pair of hand-crafted LED booties. Made with denim, elastic, a battery, and light, the supplies are simple but the handiwork is impressive.
The just published 2008 New York Michelin Guide struck a star off of Colicchio's Craft restaurant — bringing it to one star — and gave Ramsay's The London — his first U.S. venture — two stars.
Michelin Guide director Jean-Luc Naret recently told Reuters about the ratings. Here's more:
- On The London: "Gordon Ramsay deserved two stars, not because of his name and TV fame, but because of the consistency of the multiple visits by inspectors throughout the year."
- On Craft: "It doesn't mean that the chef has less talent. It's just that the consistency was not there."
- About the star ratings:One star means "a very good restaurant in its category." Two stars signify "excellent cuisine, worth a detour" and three stars tout "exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey."
So there you have it. Ramsay's The London, despite lukewarm reviews from critics, is worthy of a detour, while Colicchio's Craft is just "very good."
What do you guys think? Do you even care about star ratings? Which restaurant would you go to?
Even better than the real thing, this R2-D2 pinhole camera comes completely homemade, right down to its oatmeal container shell to the blue electrical tape detailing. Created by bonniegrrl and featured on Craftzine, you can learn how to make your very own by clicking here!
To check out more pics of the R2-D2 pinhole camera being made read more
If you're into geeky crafts and Do It Yourself projects you're probably already a fan of Craft Magazine, which is known for offering plans for making all kinds of geeky things like a cool chopper out of an old bicycle and a pedal powered iPod charger. The problem is, the magazine only comes quarterly, so I can get a little antsy for geeky, crafty things.
Enter Craft Blog, a constantly updated guide to the "most up to date happenings in the crafts world."
To learn how to post your favorite sites to the Website of the Day group, read more