Our October POPSUGAR Must Have box contained everything you need to sit back, relax, and enjoy the calm before the holiday season. From the hottest book release of the year to a soothing candle and so much more, check it out as we reveal everything in the box. Also, don't forget we just reopened subscriptions for the previously sold out December Must Have box — join now to get all our picks delivered to your doorstep!
Now that Summer's officially over and Fall has begun, it's a good time to start looking around for deals. Don't shop too much, though! One of the best bargain days is Black Friday, which happens next month, so you might want to wait on the bulk of your to-buy list. Dealnews, a site that scours the web for great sales, shares the best deals to expect this month and what you should wait on.
Get It This Month
- Halloween costumes. Although you'll probably get a better deal post-Halloween, there are still some decent costume sales going on, according to Dealnews. To start with, BuyCostumes has a 15 percent off coupon available. It's also better to order the costumes now, rather than wait and have to pay an expensive rush-delivery fee. But, of course, there's also something to be said for homemade Halloween costumes.
- Plants. If you're looking to add a little greenery to your home, then now's the time to buy "shrubbery, floral bulbs, and other plants."
- Cars. New car models were released last month, so this month is a good time to get deals on last year's models.
Wait on It
- Winter apparel. The best discounts on winter apparel will come in January. There also will be a lot of coupons available around Black Friday, so you may be able to use those on cold-weather clothing.
- New electronics. Black Friday is the best time to buy electronics, so hold off on your buys until then.
- Cookware. November is a better time to buy cookware; you will see 25 percent more cookware and appliance deals next month, says Dealnews.
- Big appliances. You should see better sales on big appliances like refrigerators and washers next month.
Though it's bittersweet to bid farewell to sweet corn and other Summer produce, we've got a whole lot more sweet stuff to look forward to in October. This candy-coated month has us getting ready for Halloween, craving new cookbooks, and plotting the start of the holiday entertaining season. Click through to see this month's must haves.
Whether you want to make your living room a stylish lounge, hunker down with some design reading, or get crafty and build your own treehouse, there are lots of fabulous finds in store for you this month. Plus, you'll be happy to hear one of your favorite designers will debut his own HSN line! Check out all of my October must haves!
It's Oct. 1, and that means despite our initial reluctance, we're ready to embrace Fall. After all, what's not to love about hearty vegetables, cozy dinners, and Halloween? Although the weather is cooling down, we'll be heating things up in the kitchen. At the start of each month, we like to share the items we're currently obsessed with. So without further adieu, here are our October must haves.
It's the first of the month, time to reveal my latest obsessions! As you can see, my mind has wandered off to boho land with wide-leg jeans at the top of my must-have list. But wait, Fab can never abandon her chic side, so to cater to that, I'm all about eye-catching jewels and a sequined dress. Feeding cool into my wardrobe are a loose-fitting sweater, knit leggings, and a delectable suede duffel bag. Enter to get a closer look at all my latest loves.
Fall is here, and that means it's time to bring out your sweaters, your cocoa, and all your new season makeup and hair goodies. October is a fun-filled month, with lots of new products launching and the excitement of Halloween building. It's the perfect chance to get experimenting. So to see what's up this month, just keep reading.
I can't believe that it's already October — where did the year go? No doubt about it, October spells Fall: cooler temps, Halloween, and squash aplenty mean that Winter is around the corner. But before we welcome in snowy skies, Kris Kringle, and chestnuts, let's celebrate October with some choice gear. Keep reading for products to warm you up, keep you buff, and shine the light on.
It's not October quite yet, but October's magazine covers were chosen and shot months ago. Gisele Bundchen, Natasha Poly, Lara Stone, Anja Rubik, and Chanel Iman are just some of the lucky women who grace the covers of various Vogue editions, as well as Harper's Bazaar, Elle, and W. Some play it sexy, some coy, and others cool. Step inside to get a closer look at October's cover shots.