While we can't wait for the rich promise of Fall, we're never ready to say goodbye to the playful visions of Summer — think vibrant gardens and birds singing. With that in mind, we rounded up our picks for items with a botanical twist, all which will bring the outside in all year-round.
- Build a seriously massive home: Ellison already owns multiple homes in California, Nevada, and Newport, RI, including a home modeled after a 16th-century Japanese palace. With 88,000 acres now under his ownership, we expect Mr. Ellison will build something spectacularly grand.
- Lounge at the Four Seasons: The luxury resort sits along cliffs above a marine preserve and boasts one of the world's top golf courses. Might we recommend the Hulopo'e suite?
- Make it an "eco-chic" destination: Tulum paved the way for eco-chic travel — think rustic but beautiful cabanas, organic food, and lots of yoga. Ellison could follow suit — just take a look at Tulum's Amansala resort and breathe new life into Lanai's tourism trade.
- Pitch a tent in the Garden of the Gods: This arid landscape filled with boulders and rock towers is pretty dramatic. Accessible only by a four-wheel-drive car, Garden of the Gods is remote and not ideal for building, but who better than Ellison to plunk down a luxurious yurt and call it his own?
- Simply take in the view: Whilst building a spectacularly grand home, Ellison may want to rent his own, like this villa set above Manele Bay. It's also on the market for $4.5 million, should he want to invest in the view permanently.
Photo courtesy of Lanai Luxury Homes
The BeachMint company introduced HomeMint this week, and like its sister sites JewelMint and StyleMint — both curated by celebrities — HomeMint has its own star power thanks to Estee Stanley and Justin Timberlake. The duo — Estee is a stylist-cum-interior designer who has decorated Justin's homes — bring with them eclectic style, a love for European design, and in Justin's own words, a "shared neurosis for detail" that shows in the diverse debut collection of rugs, pillows, tableware, and even contemporary art. We sat down with Estee and Justin to find out why they were compelled to do HomeMint and just what makes it special — it's all about getting personal, insists the team. Read on to see what they chose and why.
Mother's Day is not only your chance to show Mom how much you appreciate all she's done for you, it's also a golden opportunity to update her home with these inspired gifts. From kitchen accents to garden updates and bedroom refreshers, we've found a variety of gifts at every price point. Mom will thank you.
A love affair with lush, worthy-of-an-oil-painting florals began this Spring with British fashion designer Erdem's collection featuring unabashedly feminine floral prints as its main message. Floral prints have decked everything from jeans to shift dresses in fashion this Spring, and it's feeling particularly fresh for home as well. Classic floral prints are wonderfully old-fashioned, inspiring visions of English teatime and visits to grandmother's house, but they feel of-the-moment when paired with more modern settings, or bohemian when layered with mixed textures and prints. Click through to see the floral trend, and our picks for easy ways to incorporate Spring flowers.
Saturday's Kentucky Derby is an occasion to celebrate one of Earth's most revered animals — the horse — and we're paying homage with 10 equestrian-inspired pieces that promise to add strength and whimsy to any room. The horse will never go out of style, and whether you choose a statement-making bust to display on your mantel, or an oversized print hung above a bed, these items will bring beauty and timelessness to your home style. Click through to start shopping.