- Build a seriously massive home: Ellison already owns multiple homes in California, Nevada, and Newport, RI, including a home modeled after a 16th-century Japanese palace. With 88,000 acres now under his ownership, we expect Mr. Ellison will build something spectacularly grand.
- Lounge at the Four Seasons: The luxury resort sits along cliffs above a marine preserve and boasts one of the world's top golf courses. Might we recommend the Hulopo'e suite?
- Make it an "eco-chic" destination: Tulum paved the way for eco-chic travel — think rustic but beautiful cabanas, organic food, and lots of yoga. Ellison could follow suit — just take a look at Tulum's Amansala resort and breathe new life into Lanai's tourism trade.
- Pitch a tent in the Garden of the Gods: This arid landscape filled with boulders and rock towers is pretty dramatic. Accessible only by a four-wheel-drive car, Garden of the Gods is remote and not ideal for building, but who better than Ellison to plunk down a luxurious yurt and call it his own?
- Simply take in the view: Whilst building a spectacularly grand home, Ellison may want to rent his own, like this villa set above Manele Bay. It's also on the market for $4.5 million, should he want to invest in the view permanently.
Photo courtesy of Lanai Luxury Homes