For most of us, Summer is about being outdoors, enjoying the warm weather, and surrounding yourself with nature. When Fall comes, we bundle up, move indoors, and say goodbye to our gardens as they begin their descent into frosty Winter. But, one way you can have an endless Summer is to choose perennials with late-flowering habits for your garden. Want to find out about some plants that will help extend the flowering season at your home well into October? Then
- Sneezeweed. A bronze/red daisy that blooms mid-September for three to four weeks.
- Aster. Another daisy-like flower in white, purple, lavender, pink, or red that blooms prolifically through October.
- Chinese lantern. Flowers in mid-Summer with bright-orange seedhead in Fall.
- Chinese anemone. Rose flowers bloom in mid-Summer to early Fall.
- Autumn joy Simple, pink flowers bloom well into October.
- Goldenglow. Golden disc flowers bloom in mid-Summer to early Fall.