At last night's Billboard Music Awards, Rihanna and Britney Spears turned up the heat with a performance of Rihanna's hit "S&M." While there were many racy moments, the pillow fight was definitely a more playful part of the routine. As eye-catching as all those feathers may have been, most of us would prefer our feathers to stay inside the pillows, and not litter the floors and furniture in our homes. Want to learn how? Check out these five tips.
- Choose goose down pillows for feather pillows, as these are least likely to have feathers poke out of the pillow cases.
- Lightly fluff your feather pillows on a daily basis. Flat feather pillows tend to have feathers that poke through.
- Try washing your feather pillows with mild detergent on a warm setting, and dry on a gentle setting. Add dryer balls to help fluff the pillows.
- Make sure to choose a high thread count for your pillow case.
- If you don't want to switch out the case, add a tightly woven pillow protector under the pillow case.