If you read Maximizing Space For a Party Part I, you're well on your way to the perfect party during Home Entertainment month. But, you still have more to learn about rearranging furniture and maximizing space, so read more.
- Top your tables with trays, so when they fill up with empty glasses and plates, you can easily lift them away to make room for new glasses and plates.
- Set up extra tables for the bar and buffet, and arrange them at opposite ends of the room with different food and drink on each end to avoid traffic jams and keep people circulating.
- In the same sense, make sure you have enough waste baskets in each room, and place them on opposite ends.
- If there is something of particular interest in the room, like a fireplace or a TV for a Super Bowl party, make sure the majority of the seating is facing the focal point. Make a nook of separate seating for people who just want to talk or escape the focus for whatever reason.
- If you have a big, bulky coffee table, so long as you have ample side tables and something of interest on each side of the coffee table (i.e. couch on one side, bar on the other), you can completely remove it to make room for more feet.