If you caught a case of office envy after touring Ruby Press' Berkeley Digs, just wait until you see this PR agency's new headquarters. Perched at the penthouse level of a beautiful building in downtown Oakland, the new space offers more than just girlish charm. The brand's signature powder blue and cherry red palette takes a backseat to pink, black, and gold – a sophisticated color scheme that suits the new space. By mixing bespoke and bargain pieces, founder and co-owner Melissa Davis pulls off a seamless office revamp. See our favorite design moments from this stunning work space and check out even more photos at Lonny Magazine!
Instead of hanging the art, Melissa creates a cooler, more casual vignette by leaning a cluster of three black-framed pieces against the wall.
These vintage RP letters were pale blue before Melissa painted them the same color as the wall for an embossed look.
A lacquer tray keeps Melissa's stationery obsession in check while custom Ruby Press pencils provide something to write with.
A Land of Nod score, Melissa loves how this lamp looks like a gold nugget.
Two healthy fiddle leaf fig trees add dimension and color to the massive Ikea shelving unit.
Like what you see? Keep reading to see where Melissa sourced some of our favorite decor elements!
- Francois Hardy Print ($30): A portrait of this '60s-era French actress and singer feels timeless thanks to the darkened silhouette.
- Donkey Ears Print ($25-$3,500): It's hard not to crack a smile at the sight of these furry ears — even on the busiest of days.
- Gold Wheat Sheaf Table Lamp ($285): We dig the glam farmer vibe of these elegant lights.
- Coriander Diptyque candle ($60): Fresh and herbal, this candle introduces the feel of an indoor garden.
- Mark Rothko Print ($40): This print is just the thing to scratch a colorblock itch.
- Urchin Objects ($24): These pretty objects prove that not everything in an office needs to be functional.
- Moroccan Trellis Wool Rug ($205-$680): Graphic with just a hint of exoticism.
- Kilim Pillow ($48): These pillows take the kilim trend from the floor to the sofa.
- PJÄS Basket ($24): These woven bins are ideal for concealing bookshelf clutter.
- Upholstered Hara Screen ($200): Though this covers unsightly storage in Ruby Press's office, we think it would look just as lovely as a headboard.