I recently posed the question: do you ask friends to help you paint? So far, a majority of you said you don't recruit your buddies when tackling home painting projects. But I have to wonder, would more of you consider asking for help if you turned it into a party?
I've come up with some tips to help you plan a painting party that's so entertaining, everyone will forget they are doing "work."
- Send out cute invites. Evites are the easiest, but if you go the mail route, you could write the invite on real paint chip sheets.
- Have lots of food and beverages on hand. For lunch or dinner, order pizza. During the day, have snacks flowing to keep the gang energized.
- Be sure to snap pics along the way; you'll want before and after shots.
- Have a plan of attack. To prevent things from getting chaotic, let everyone know the order baseboards, ceiling, walls, and doors need to be painted.
- Be prepared with enough supplies, including paint, primer, brushes, rollers, drop cloths, and tape. Ask friends to bring spare tools they may have.
For the rest of the tips, read more.
- When everyone gets there, brief the group on painting basics so that everyone is on the same page.
- If it's a big project, start early so you're not painting in the dark!
- For a competitive bunch working on multiple rooms, have a contest for the best room!
- Keep everyone pumped up with some tunes.
- At the end of the day, plan to end the event with a rented movie and glass of wine or a trip out of the fumes.