Even if you've had salt stains on your carpets or rugs for most of this Winter, you can still banish them with some simple ingredients and a lot of elbow grease. To find out how to get rid of those stains, read more.
- Start by vacuuming the carpet to get rid of any dirt, grime, and extra salt.
- Mix 1 cup white vinegar with 1 cup warm water, and fill a clean spray bottle with the mixture
- Thoroughly spray the mixture on the stain, and let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Use a clean sponge or towel to blot the area — don't rub or scrub it, which could make the stain worse.
- Repeat as needed. Allow to air dry each time.