Why do you want to reduce frost? Well, if you have frost or excess condensation on your windows, that means that there's probably excess moisture in other places in your home, where damage can cause roof leaks or siding damage. Check out some ideas for avoiding these problems by reducing excess water vapor.
To see the tips, read more.
- Do you have storm windows? If so, make sure that there are no gaps in the seals. If there is, use caulk to improve the seals.
- Try running a dehumidifier regularly. This will also help circulate heat in your home.
- Of course, you'll also want to shut off humidifying devices in your home.
- If you don't have storm windows, try applying plastic covering to the inside of your windows to help insulate them. Check your local hardware store for a kit.
- Make it a habit to run your ventilation fans on a more regular (and longer) basis to cut down on moisture.
- Check to make sure that louvers in attic or basement crawl spaces are open.
- Budget so you can install storm windows or replacement windows with double or triple glazing in the future.
- If none of these techniques help, make an appointment with an HVAC pro to get a better grasp of the problem.
Source: Flickr User Lara604