I've offered you some inspirational small changes that involve switching out hardware or painting an accent wall, but you don't have to spend money to see some big results! Take a look at my list of ways you can improve your home without spending a dime.
- Start a collection. Choose a favorite color or theme, and then scour your home for items that fit. For instance, group white objects such as vases, small trinkets, statues, and bowls together for a surprisingly pretty collection.
- Start with your closet, and organize!
- Make your lingerie drawer smell lovely by assembling some no-sew sachets out of an old t-shirt or skirt.
- Try grouping objects in 3s and 5s.
- Take extra glasses or mugs out of your kitchen and use them as stash pots for your makeup, q-tips, and other bathroom necessities.
- Rearrange a room! It's fun, illuminating, and does your house a world of good. Look what it did for HarmonyFrance's dining room!
- If you have a yard, arrange a nontraditional bouquet from tree branches, tall grasses, shrubbery, or a mix of these and flowers.
- Clean out your junk drawer.
- Take the time to transition your hall closet or entry closet from winter mode to summer mode. Store all of your heavy blankets, winter jackets, and other unneeded items elsewhere, and make room for sunblock, balls, bats, croquet mallets, and other summer necessities.
- Switch up your photo display by making a Polaroid trellis. And don't worry — you can use regular photos, too!
- If you're tired of some of your furnishings, have a garage sale, then use your extra loot to get something you truly want.
For other suggestions, read more.
Have other suggestions? Leave them below!