If you want to class up your chandelier, consider adding a medallion to it. I've already showed you how to turn medallions into wall art, and alerted you to a new medallion light. If neither of these ideas strike your fancy, then maybe a ceiling medallion in its traditional placement is for you.
To find out how to install one, read more.
- Locate ceiling framing and mark attachment locations on casting.
- Pre-drill and countersink at attachment points.
- Apply construction adhesive to the casting. While holding it firmly in place, attach the casting to the structural framing.
- Screw attaching casting to structural framing.
- Fill the screw holes with plaster. After the plaster has dried, sand it thoroughly until it is smooth.
- Fill in any irregularities along ceiling with paintable caulk.
- Prime and paint the medallion to match the ceiling.
- Enjoy your newly ornate ceiling!
Need some more visual aids? Check out these handy instructions from This Old House.