If the only island you're planning on frequenting this Summer is in your kitchen, why not wrangle up some aloha spirit by way of tropical-inspired decor? If you're already starting to cringe at the thought of plastic luau leis and hula dancer dashboard accessories, stay with us here. Our Hawaiian fantasy staycation includes plenty of lacquered teak wood, vintage surf tomes, palmy fabrics, and the like. We promise, you'll want to ride this wave!
Keep reading to discover where you can shop to get this look!
- Nate Berkus Yellow Tortoise Shell ($28, originally $40): Almost as good as swimming with turtles, this decorative shell adds a cheery pop.
- Handwoven Boline Chair ($998): Teak wood and rattan feel glamorous with a glossy coat of navy paint.
- Mahari Candleholder ($53): Textural wood lends a tiki-like feel to traditional hurricanes.
- Tropical Palm Pillow ($40): Bring a bit of the jungle to your sofa or bed with this leafy cushion.
- Tiki Bar with Roof ($180, originally $360): No luau should be without one of these.
- Honeycomb Fabric by the Yard ($30 per yard): This geometric fabric has a 1960's surfer vibe that we love.
- The History of Surfing ($50): You'll be tempted to tear apart and frame these pages.
- 6x9 Labyrinth Rug ($425): Patterned jute feels classic but interesting.
- Lazy Susan White Porcelain Pineapple ($67): When the real deal isn't in season, just gaze at this figurine.