With the Olympic Games in full swing, we can't help but be inspired by the nostalgic undertones of vintage sports memorabilia. If you're looking to incorporate pieces of this trend but want to avoid giving your space a locker-room vibe, our list of tips will steer you in the desired direction. The key, we find, is to keep an eye out for vintage pieces that have authenticity and loads of character.
- Try grouping an assortment of old trophies for an easy but impressive vignette. We love the look of these Vintage Trophies ($40 for three). If you only have one cup-shaped trophy, boost its visual appeal by filling it with flowers.
- Look for vintage posters inspired by Olympic Games, state health organizations, or your favorite sport, like this Swim For Health WPA Poster ($7).
- Create a gallery wall featuring black and white team sports photos. The old uniforms can sometimes be the star of the photo. How great is this 1940's High School Boys Polo Team Photo ($17)?
- Wooden tennis rackets can serve as a fantastic alternative to wall art. Consider crisscrossing a pair and hanging them above a doorway, or be even more adventurous and collect several to form a circular shape.
- Look for vintage equestrian ribbons with pretty horse silhouettes, like these Horse Show Ribbons ($37 for a set of four). We like the idea of pinning them to an inspiration board to add color and texture.
For more sporty styling inspiration, check out our Pinterest board!