Go here to see my other favorites, and be sure to pick up a copy of House Beautiful for 80 or so more decorating makeover ideas.
- "If your kitchen is cramped, remove your upper cabinets and install open shelving. Just as much storage space, but without the bulk."
- "Cover the books in your bookcase with white or brown kraft paper, and write the titles on the jackets with a fountain pen in really personal handwriting."
- "Tired of your red coral? Spray it black!"
- "Instead of centering one big piece of art over your bed, hang one really small piece. It will have even more impact."
- "Rearrange your fireplace mantel. Instead of one candlestick at each end, mass lots of them on one side. Remember: Odd numbers make the best arrangements."