In continuation of Decorating Makeovers Parts I and II, here are some more of my favorite tips from House Beautiful's 101 Decorating Makeovers in the February issue. If I haven't drilled it into your head enough already, it's Renewal month, so get at it when you read more!
- "Change your house numbers."
- "Paint the inside of your kitchen cabinets a color that sets off your dishes and glasses. Everything will look cleaner and more finished."
- "Use your best silver and glasses every day."
- "Invest in a set of matched wooden hangers for your closet."
- "Tack nailheads on a plain, inexpensive ottoman."
- "Rearrange your living room. Instead of one big seating area in the middle of the room, break it up into two smaller, cozier seating areas."