Need an odd weekend project? Then try Design Within Reach's Champagne Chair Contest. Your mission, if you choose to accept it: Create an original miniature chair using only the foil, label, cage, and cork from no more than two Champagne bottles. The Champagne chairs will be judged by a panel of industry experts, and the winning designers will receive DWR Gift Cards.
Hurry though—all entries must be received via email by the end of the day on Monday, January 7th!
To find out how to enter, just read more.
- Use any or all of the materials from no more than two (2) Champagne bottles (no glass). Glue is the only permitted adhesive. You are not permitted to use any additional materials – including tape and/or paint.
- The chair must measure no more than 4"x4"x4" in size.
- The chair must be an original design – miniature replicas will not be considered.
- To enter your chair, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fifty chosen finalists will be asked to send chairs to DWR. If your chair is chosen you will have to mail it to DWR by Friday, January 18, 2008. The winners will be chosen from these 50 chairs, all of which will go on the Champagne Chair Tour (and will become property of DWR).