I spotted these great Paper Pom Poms on Etsy, and thought they'd make fun décor for a casual wedding or bridal shower. But, at three for $15, I think the prices are steep. It'd be much more economical to make them yourself, seeing as they're fairly simple. I like to craft small ones for gift wrapping. To learn how, read more.
- Tissue paper (20 inches x 30 inches). Choose one to three colors, or similar shades of the same color, to keep things from looking like a circus.
- Floral wire. White, if you can find it.
- Stack four to eight the sheets of paper on top of one another, depending on you puffy you want them to be.
- Now, fold the sheets into 1.5-inch accordion folds, all the way across.
- Prune the ends of the tissue into round shapes, to give them a petal-like look.
- Cut about a foot and a half length of floral wire.
- Wrap the wire around the center of the folded tissue and secure it by twisting.
- Now the fun part! Pull apart each layer, separating it from the center one piece at a time.
- Measure the length you'd like to hang your pom pom from and cut a piece of monofilament accordingly.
- Knot the monofilament to the floral wire and hang!
- Repeat until you've created a pom pom fantasyland. The more, the merrier!