I spotted this project on Craft and thought it would be perfect for Renewal month. Give new purpose to mismatched teacups you have laying around or that you've found at yard sales by turning them into candles. You can use them in your own home or as a thoughtful DIY gift for your friends.
To get the supply list and learn the steps, read more.
- A big block of wax
- A double boiler
- A color agent (crayon will do) and scent, optional
- Collect teacups.
- Melt about 2 lbs. of wax at a time in your double boiler.
- When the wax melts, add color and scent, if you want.
- Pour about 1/2 of the wax into the cup.
- Wait five minutes, then add the wicks and hold them in place between chopsticks laid across the cup.
- After 45 minutes, pour in more melted wax.
- Let dry, and voilà!
Source and more photos here.