I just came across this great tutorial for making paper-covered pens that would make a fun and affordable stocking stuffer for the holidays, so I thought I'd share. You most likely will have all of the supplies in your home, so this DIY is certainly budget beautiful! All you'll need is some clear ballpoint pens, scissors, a ruler or paper trimmer, pliers, double-sided tape, and some scraps of thin paper (try magazine or wrapping paper). To learn the steps, read more.
- First things first: Pull the ink shaft out of the pen case by gently grabbing the tip with your pliers.
- Cut a 4.5-by-5-inch strip of paper.
- Wrap the entire ink shaft tightly with strips of your tape, pressing out any bubbles.
- Wrap the paper over the tape, overlapping the edges of the paper and pinching the seams together.
- Then, slide the ink shaft back into the pen case. Fini!