Earlier today, as part of our theme of Renewal, I gave you some tips on how to keep your wood furniture looking its best. Here's a simple polish formula you can make yourself that is solvent free, inexpensive, and relatively easy to make.
Here's What You Need
- 4 oz. oil (2 1/2 ounces olive oil or jojoba, 1 1/2 ounces coconut oil)
- 1 oz. beeswax
- 1 oz. carnauba wax
- 4 oz. distilled water
- double boiler
- hand mixer
- Melt the oils and waxes in a double boiler over medium heat.
- Remove from heat, pour in water, and mix with a hand mixer until thick and creamy.
- Dab some cream onto a soft cotton rag and rub into the furniture.
- Buff and polish until the oils are well worked into the wood.
To find out the steps for this DIY, just read more
This polish has a shelf life of six months to a year.