You needn't buy a $19,000 four-poster to get the look of a romantic canopy bed. A few supplies and a spare afternoon and your bedroom will be fit for a queen, without the stuffy price tag. And, if that's not good enough for you, I'll show you how to live like a modern Marie Antoinette. This canopy headboard DIY, from Point Click Home, is easy enough for a neophyte crafter, but chic enough for the DIY maestro. Also, check out this post for another DIY headboard.
- 10" faux willow leaf wreath (or a tool wreath for the dudes)
- Spray paint (white, gold, or silver)
- 2 yards 1" wide ribbon
- 2 safety pins
- 2 sheer curtain panels
- 1 large nail
To learn how to make this headboard, read more.
Here are the steps, from Point Click Home:
- Lay the wreath down on newspaper outside.
- Spray paint the wreath for an antiqued or frosted look, and let it dry.
- Cut the ribbon into two separate one yard lengths (in half).
- Pin a safety pin to the end of one length of ribbon, and slide it through the rod pocket of one of the curtain panel, gathering as you go.
- Repeat using the other safety pin, ribbon length, and curtain panel.
- Hide the ribbon from one panel between the leaves, tying it around the lower edge of the wreath.
- Repeat with the other panel.
- Trim off any excess ribbon.
- Find the center of the wall, about four to six feet above your bed, and pencil it.
- Hammer the nail into the wall.
- Hang the wreath on the wall, and arrange the panels so that they wrap around the sides of your bed. Fini!