Most people will migrate toward a traditional Persian rug or one that is neutral colored when investing in a rug. However, a bold colored rug instantly brightens a room and can be a fresh and funky statement piece. These eight brilliantly colored rugs cover the rainbow, so you can be as adventurous as you'd like.
6 statement rugs for any room:
- Yellow: Saffron Rug by Anthropologie ($200) is made out of silk-cotton dhurrie and is hand-knotted.
- Green: Cablelock Braided Reversible Rug in Bright Green ($90) is stain- and fade-resistant and reversible to offer twice the wear.
- Orange: Steepholm Rug by Design Within Reach ($5,832) is made from hand-spun wool and is manually dyed. Over time, the wool's natural lanolin will emerge and will boost the rug's luster.
- Red: Second Studio Stockholm Rug in Ruby Wine ($1,190 for 41" x 63") is made of 100 percent wool and is constructed by hand.
- Purple: Second Studio Samba Contigo No. 2 Rug in Purple Dewberry ($1,050) is soft, thick, handmade, and 100% wool.
- Blue: Ralph Lauren Sheldon Rug ($12,000) has a brilliant pattern, styled after traditional fair isle knits of Scotland.