Since it's Small Changes month, I'm all about giving attention to the tiniest nooks and crannies in your home, which may have been overlooked. One of these zones that's infamous for clutter and things without a designated storage space of their own is the junk drawer. You've told me before what's in your junk drawer, so I know you've got one! Here are my few steps that'll help you organize that mess.
- Pour it out, onto a table or the floor.
- Toss the trash. If you don't use it, lose it.
- Anything out of place? Store it where it belongs.
- Fill your drawer small containers (tins, boxes) to separate your things.
- Sort your junk into the separate containers by function (paperclips in one box, batteries in another).
- Repeat as necessary!