Depending on your lifestyle, September can mean many different things: welcoming the start of Fall, sending the kids off to school, or making your way through piles of very thick magazines. So for my must haves this month, I'm chasing a few trends, readying my garden and home for cooler weather, and expanding my magazine storage.
- Magazines get quite fat in the Fall, and this ever-expanding Mxyplyzyk Magazine Rack ($24), coming out in mid-September, lets you add capacity while you catch up on your reading.
- Bright yellow accessories are a must-have this Fall, so choose one sophisticated accent, such as this Kate Spade Perry Street Clock ($40).
- As the mercury drops, be sure to have a cute throw to curl up with, such as this Autumn Leaves Jacquard Throw from Wrapables ($37.95).
- The chandelier trend isn't going away anytime soon, and these ornate but modern fixtures are a great elegant light source as the days get shorter.
- Keep your flower garden full of cheerful color by planting a few autumn perennials, such as mums.