The combination of black and white is a classic for a reason — its versatility just can't be beat. While I normally love its crisp, clean decisiveness, these days I am leaning towards a different riff on the pairing. When applied to organic shapes, either naturally or by design, the color duo takes on an earthy substance that is just the right amount of rough around the edges. There is an element of wabi-sabi in these pieces that has them feeling fresh but understated at the same time.
- Handwoven Rug (from $148): Round, rectangular or square, no matter which shape you choose, this rug is a winner.
- Agate Coaster ($18): Beautiful and alluring, these coasters don't need to be protecting your coffee table to serve a purpose: they look wonderful on their own.
- Reef Pendant ($250): Made from metal chain link, these pendants look like fishermen's nets.
- Salvaged Stool : This salvage stool is one of a kind but would be easy enough to replicate with this helpful DIY tutorial.
- Black and White Bowl ($258): Low and elegant, this bowl would look wonderful full of fruit or in an entry as a catchall.
- Hugo Guinness Wire Basket Drawing ($2.800): Simple and sweet, this drawing embodies the wabi-sabi aesthetic.