I have a collection of perfect condition '50s aprons. These things are cute! I would love to display them but I have no idea how. I have a hook that I hang my everyday apron on, but I don't think 10 aprons would look good on that! If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it!
To see my suggestions, read more.
I, too, am an apron fan, so I can understand your impulse to decorate with them. According to Country Living, vintage aprons, if they're in pristine condition, can fetch a decent price, too, so your collection isn't simply sentimental, it may also be valuable.
There are a number of ways you could display your collection. Here are a few of my suggestions:
- Choose shadowbox frames, and carefully fold your aprons so they display the best section of each. Then, hang the aprons, in the frames, in a collection of three or more aprons.
- Make curtains out of the aprons by hanging them from curtain hooks along a kitchen window.
- Follow Punk Glam Queen's lead and simply hang your aprons together in your kitchen. You can use cute coordinated hooks to pull the collection together.
- Try tying your aprons around kitchen chairs or stools as chair skirts.
- Take photos of your aprons and create a gallery of apron photos, if you don't want to fold and display the real aprons in frames.
Do any CasaSugar readers have other suggestions for displaying vintage aprons? Let me know your ideas by commenting below.