According to our friends at Zillow, new parents Molly Sims and Scott Stuber have another reason to celebrate. The model and movie producer couple just scooped up a classic Hamptons stunner in Wainscott, NY. While the 5,000-square-foot home includes a list of charming characteristics, like a classic shingled exterior, ocean views, custom French doors, and a wine cellar, we're particularly taken with the home's professional chef's kitchen. Leading to an open dining and living space, the kitchen serves as the true focal point of the home. An abundance of natural light is emphasized with buckets of white paint, while warm wooden countertops, farmhouse pendants, and open shelving create a design scheme ideal for a modern country couple. Keep reading to discover the products we found to replicate the look and check out Zillow's blog for more pictures of this charming estate.
Designer Stephanie Fillbrandt and her team at Marsh & Clark Design transformed a 1913 San Francisco Edwardian for a modern family. Stripped down to its studs, the home was painstakingly re-imagined with custom cabinetry, moldings, stair railings, and fireplace surrounds. While the entire process took over a year to complete, we think you'll agree it was worth the wait! Keep reading to marvel at the bespoke details, the Golden Gate vistas, and the miraculous power of buckets of white paint.
If you were to stop and go through the quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies weighing down your purse or cluttering up your car cup holder, how much do you think you'd collect? $10? $25? Well, according to the experts at Coinstar, the average amount cashed in for eCertificates and/or gift cards at their coin kiosks is a whopping $56 — twice as much as people think they have. Talk about a nice, unexpected chunk of change as we head into the holiday season (especially since so many of us go over budget on holiday shopping!).
Our advice to you: make every coin count! Take a few minutes to grab all the spare change "jingle-belling" in your purses, pockets, car, and desk drawers, then hit your local Coinstar kiosk, where you can turn the contents of your coin jar into cash or no-fee eCertificates from popular brands, including Amazon, iTunes, Gap, and Starbucks. Click here to find the Coinstar kiosk closest to you.
Now that you know there might be more change lying around than you think, what would you do with those extra pennies this holiday?
Regularly entertain? Greet your guests in style with these cool, modern doormats. We've curated a collection of fresh, contemporary mats in a range of designs — everything from earthy, natural options to more colorful, classic picks. Whether you're hoping for a traditional welcome or a more creative first impression, here are 10 doormats to add personality to your entryway.
Incorporating trays into a room adds both functional and decorative elements to any space. We love that you can incorporate almost any trend, like the stylish chevron pattern into a space using trays without fully committing or breaking the bank. We found nine functional uses for taking trays beyond the tabletop: from setting the mood with candles to creating a minibar, trays can be the final touch that brings everything together.
- This rare, architectural stunner is hitting the market — Curbed
- A roundup of the best clean-burning stoves — Houzz
- Freshen your decor with these 8 decorative pillows — Real Simple
- The best design ideas for small bathrooms — Elle Decor
- 5 fun textile designs from London design week — Remodelista
- Steal the look of this old fashioned farmhouse kitchen — House Beautiful
For a glamorous, fabulously eerie table setting, it's all about finding polished pieces with gothic details. Whether you're planning a spooky Halloween get-together or a posh dinner party, these unique picks will help you create the perfect dark, elegant look. Not sure where to start? We've rounded up all the essentials: the table itself, the serveware, and the best decor details. From a skull-embellished marble ice bucket to claw-bottomed candlesticks, these top items will make for a moody, mysterious tablescape.
- Show your support with creative political products
- Bewitching bar and tableware for your next Halloween party
- Natalie Portman shows skin and shares a hot scene with Fassbender
- Learn a Marilyn Monroe makeup look
- Ways to make your Halloween candy cuter
- Our ultimate Fall dress guide — every trend, silhouette (and budget)
- Autumn accessories for a stylish mantle
- Halloween TV sneak peek: pictures from Pretty Little Liars and more
- Video: Robert Pattinson returns to LA — and to Kristen?
- Awesome dollar store finds
- Mantras to make your commute a meditation
- CelebStyle: Shop our favorite bow ties inspired by Emma Stone's geek-chic sweater
- Stunning, architectural speakers for your home
- Help your pooch lose the weight through walks
- Keep warm in a khaki blazer for Fall
Hip-hop and reality television are their claims to fame, but Kim Kardashian and Kanye West also share a passion for design, which is why we're anxious to see which stylish Miami pad the couple settles on. While their real estate sweet spot is said to be between $7-$10 million, we've uncovered some under-budget oceanside gems that don't skimp on luxury. Keep reading to see the cool contemporary abodes we're hoping the couple will call home.