Designer Stephanie Fillbrandt and her team at Marsh & Clark Design transformed a 1913 San Francisco Edwardian for a modern family. Stripped down to its studs, the home was painstakingly re-imagined with custom cabinetry, moldings, stair railings, and fireplace surrounds. While the entire process took over a year to complete, we think you'll agree it was worth the wait! Keep reading to marvel at the bespoke details, the Golden Gate vistas, and the miraculous power of buckets of white paint.
Regularly entertain? Greet your guests in style with these cool, modern doormats. We've curated a collection of fresh, contemporary mats in a range of designs — everything from earthy, natural options to more colorful, classic picks. Whether you're hoping for a traditional welcome or a more creative first impression, here are 10 doormats to add personality to your entryway.
Incorporating trays into a room adds both functional and decorative elements to any space. We love that you can incorporate almost any trend, like the stylish chevron pattern into a space using trays without fully committing or breaking the bank. We found nine functional uses for taking trays beyond the tabletop: from setting the mood with candles to creating a minibar, trays can be the final touch that brings everything together.
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
- This rare, architectural stunner is hitting the market — Curbed
- A roundup of the best clean-burning stoves — Houzz
- Freshen your decor with these 8 decorative pillows — Real Simple
- The best design ideas for small bathrooms — Elle Decor
- 5 fun textile designs from London design week — Remodelista
- Steal the look of this old fashioned farmhouse kitchen — House Beautiful
For a glamorous, fabulously eerie table setting, it's all about finding polished pieces with gothic details. Whether you're planning a spooky Halloween get-together or a posh dinner party, these unique picks will help you create the perfect dark, elegant look. Not sure where to start? We've rounded up all the essentials: the table itself, the serveware, and the best decor details. From a skull-embellished marble ice bucket to claw-bottomed candlesticks, these top items will make for a moody, mysterious tablescape.
- Show your support with creative political products
- Bewitching bar and tableware for your next Halloween party
- Natalie Portman shows skin and shares a hot scene with Fassbender
- Learn a Marilyn Monroe makeup look
- Ways to make your Halloween candy cuter
- Our ultimate Fall dress guide — every trend, silhouette (and budget)
- Autumn accessories for a stylish mantle
- Halloween TV sneak peek: pictures from Pretty Little Liars and more
- Video: Robert Pattinson returns to LA — and to Kristen?
- Awesome dollar store finds
- Mantras to make your commute a meditation
- CelebStyle: Shop our favorite bow ties inspired by Emma Stone's geek-chic sweater
- Stunning, architectural speakers for your home
- Help your pooch lose the weight through walks
- Keep warm in a khaki blazer for Fall
Hip-hop and reality television are their claims to fame, but Kim Kardashian and Kanye West also share a passion for design, which is why we're anxious to see which stylish Miami pad the couple settles on. While their real estate sweet spot is said to be between $7-$10 million, we've uncovered some under-budget oceanside gems that don't skimp on luxury. Keep reading to see the cool contemporary abodes we're hoping the couple will call home.
Mixing earthy elements with luxurious, high-end furnishings can make for one seriously stylish bedroom. We're loving this blend of vintage-inspired furniture, preppy stripes, and exotic fabrics for a warm, cozy combination. Inspired by the fresh style, we've rounded up our favorite products to help us mimic the look. Hoping to channel a a similar style yourself? Check out these eight unique pieces to give your space the same rustic-glam vibe.
Source: Elle Decor