Finding the perfect floor lamp isn't always easy, but when you do, it can make a major style impact. Need some extra shine in your space? Get your glow on with these functional but design-savvy floor lamps. Rustic, traditional, retro, glamorous — we've found a variety of versatile, modern options to help you light up your home in a chic way.
- Creative holiday cards that'll wow your loved ones
- A millet, lentil, and pomegranate salad perfect for Thanksgiving
- Cameron Diaz and Leonardo DiCaprio link up for a charitable NYC bash
- The best lip balms under $10
- All the Bond girls, from Casino Royale to Skyfall
- Collared dresses that will sweeten up your Winter wardrobe
- Achieve design bliss with vibrant orange and charcoal gray
- Watch Anne Hathaway's Les Misérables-inspired SNL monologue
- Video: Boost your metabolism with this 10-minute workout!
- Hair and makeup tutorials to use for a budget-friendly girls night in
- Daily must dos for flat abs
- CelebStyle: Stars like Angelina Jolie and Gwen Stefani love their white coats
- Clear app helps keep holiday stress under control
- Bloggers dish on new ShopStyle features
Sometimes all you need is the right color combination to make a space or update your digs. Mixing vibrant orange with charcoal gray combines a pop of color with a masculine hue in a sophisticated way. While doing a little holiday shopping, we couldn't help but notice this color combination in everything from textured throws to patterned pillows. Inspired by this unexpected palette, these eight pieces are ones you may just want to add to your wish list this holiday season!
There’s nothing like the warm, fuzzy feeling you get when passing out gifts to the ones you love. Except maybe the incredible, thrilling rush that comes from scoring those gifts during the most invigorating shopping season of all!
This year, our friends at T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods are giving you more reasons than ever to celebrate your holiday shopping victories — by creating a series of fun and inspiring gifting “missions” that you can tackle weekly for a new chance to win!
Readers as well as our favorite lifestyle bloggers will be invited to participate in five missions across T.J.Maxx, Marshalls, and HomeGoods stores, then simply share their experience via Twitter using the hashtag #TheGifter. Each week, one winner will be chosen to receive a $500 gift card! You can also visit #TheGifter holiday gifting hub to explore an ever-evolving gallery of amazing gifts at amazing values — check back often for fresh inspiration and fun ideas.
Make this holiday shopping season your most triumphant yet! The missions are already under way, so start making your gifting list, and click here for more details.
Have you done any decorating in your home lately? Laid down a new rug? Organized a closet? Integrated some new artwork? Whatever it is, we want to see it!
Show off all your shots of your home, both interior and exterior, through Instagram or our CasaSugar group page, Su Casa! Share pics on Instagram by tagging it #CasaSnap or upload your photos to Su Casa. Share any snapshots and stories related to home decorating, crafts, organizing, and gardening. If we see a photo we like, we might ask you if we can feature it on CasaSugar!
To learn how to post in our Su Casa group, read more. read more
'Tis the season for holiday entertaining, and with that comes the delightful (and sometimes daunting) task of whipping your house into shape. Between styling a gorgeous tablescape, prepping your guest bedroom, and freshening seasonal decor, the cost of being a good hostess can often come at a high price — literally. Save time and cash by shopping this list of covetable sale items ranging from dining room upgrades to cozy essentials.
According to The Real Estalker, Fox network cohost and contributor Kimberly Guilfoyle just listed her pretty prewar pad in the Upper East Side for $1.6 million. Glam details like Austrian crystal chandeliers (in every room!), doorknobs, and cabinet hardware give the space a feminine, palatial feel, but it's the small surprise details that give this listing extra allure. Perks include a tucked-away sleeping alcove that doubles as a home office, a mud room off the service entryway, a drybar with a mini fridge, a multitude of closets, and a built-in kitchen banquette. In addition to the impressive interiors, there's also an extra outdoor bonus: a gorgeous rooftop garden.
Source: Prudential Douglas Elliman
- Teen bedrooms with sophisticated edge — Houzz
- Tips for updating your table decor — Real Simple
- Welcome guests with nine stylish doormats — House Beautiful
- An insider's look at the most beautiful celebrity homes — Elle Decor
- Take this quiz to discover your design personality — Sunset
- Repurpose furniture to create a DIY kitchen island — HGTV Magazine
For design-lovers, half the fun of Thanksgiving is executing a gorgeous tablescape your guests will remember. If you're looking for an inspiring color palette to set the tone for this year's table, then consider pairing autumnal classics with something unexpected. In this gorgeous setting, a bright bouquet of Fall leaves inspires the dominant shade of yellow. Deep purple stemware adds instant drama, while the tablecloth merges both colors with a rosy blush. The result feels warm and seasonal but strikingly fresh. Keep reading to discover the pieces we pulled to round out the look.