If you're planning to stock up on beautiful wrapping paper for the holidays, start right here with these unique, festive finds from Etsy. Whether you're into the crafty, colorful look or something more polished, we've found a variety of gift wrap options to suit your holiday style — no matter what the occasion. Love a bit of vintage flair? We've included a few retro options from the '50s and '60s, too. Make the season bright and shop our favorite wrapping paper on Etsy now!
We're happy to present this post from California Home + Design!
Catherine Kwong has had a big year. In just 12 months, the interior designer opened her eponymous firm; completed the stylish "Fashion Blogger Studio," one of the most talked-about rooms in the 2012 San Francisco Decorator Showcase; and married emergency room doctor Brian Kwong. But one (literally) small thing also happened: She renovated a 1,300-square-foot loft in SF's Jackson Square for herself and her new husband.
If you were to stop and go through the quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies weighing down your purse or cluttering up your car cup holder, how much do you think you'd collect? $10? $25? Well, according to the experts at Coinstar, the average amount cashed in for eCertificates and/or gift cards at their coin kiosks is a whopping $56 — twice as much as people think they have. Talk about a nice, unexpected chunk of change as we head into the holiday season (especially since so many of us go over budget on holiday shopping!).
Our advice to you: make every coin count! Take a few minutes to grab all the spare change "jingle-belling" in your purses, pockets, car, and desk drawers, then hit your local Coinstar kiosk, where you can turn the contents of your coin jar into cash or no-fee eCertificates from popular brands, including Amazon, iTunes, Gap, and Starbucks. Click here to find the Coinstar kiosk closest to you.
Now that you know there might be more change lying around than you think, what would you do with those extra pennies this holiday?
- Tour this couple's Paris-inspired loft — Apartment Therapy
- Score these flea-market finds for your holiday table — Huffington Post Home
- 21 stylish but stress-free gift-wrapping ideas — Real Simple
- 10 easy-to-store dining chairs — Remodelista
- Discover which plant provides pretty foliage, berries, and flowers year-round — Houzz
- The coolest art pillows to punch up your decor — Design Milk
With these incredible Black Friday sales, now's the time to decorate your home and get started on some early holiday shopping! Several of our favorite home decor sites are offering major, can't-miss discounts, so consider this your go-to checklist for a post-Thanksgiving shopping spree. We've done the work for you by highlighting some of the sites' most stylish picks, so just click through the images to buy the chic home accents below:
- Zara Home (Nov. 23): From printed pillows to stylish glassware, get 20 percent off all products in the on-trend clothing brand's stylish new home line.
- Zinc Door (Nov. 22-23): Browse through the collection of stunning, contemporary home furnishings and receive 20 percent off for the holiday.
- Casa.com (Nov. 21-26): You'll get 20-50 percent off a variety of home accents from popular brands like Jonathan Adler and DwellStudio.
- Waterworks (Nov. 26): Shop the site's gorgeous luxury bath products and you'll get 25 percent off your entire order plus free standard shipping.
- Horne (Nov. 26): Check out the curated picks in this online boutique, and with the code MONDAY15, you'll get 15 percent off most items with a few brand exceptions.
- Layla Grayce (Nov. 22-23): Visit the company's redesigned site to shop chic, design-savvy products at 20 percent off.
- Coyuchi (Nov. 23-26): The bedding and clothing company is offering 20 percent off its selection of cozy robes and sleepwear.
- Crane & Canopy (Nov. 26): Shop luxurious modern bedding with classic, beautiful prints and receive 20 percent off your purchase.
- Harabu House (Nov. 23-26): Check out the site's cool, exotic home goods and get 20 percent off your entire order using the code BFCM20OFF.
Featured in House Beautiful's upcoming December issue, this beautiful Corona del Mar property highlights gorgeous, elegant spaces in soft shades. With vintage touches and garden-inspired color palettes, designer Barbara Barry created gorgeous vignettes both inside and out. Click through for a sneak peek at this lovely California home!
From playful greetings to personalized picks to modern, stylish options, we've rounded up the best holiday cards from our favorite stationery spots. Planning to wish your loved ones a happy holiday this year? Whether you like classic Christmas cards or more contemporary designs, we've found a range of options to suit your greeting style. Trust us: these cards are so chic, you may want to buy a few extra to frame for yourself. Get ahead of the holiday rush and shop standout cards now!
If you're hosting this year's Thanksgiving meal, chances are you might be more focused on meal planning than decorating — and who could blame you? Still, adding stylish, stress-free flair to your table isn't out of reach. By simply corralling household items or taking a stroll around the neighborhood, we'll show you how to create boast-worthy centerpieces that can be repurposed after the holiday.
It's holiday season and as we prepare for Thanksgiving with our loved ones, this POPSUGAR Must Have box reflects everything that is on our minds. Burgundy is the color of the season in a festive bracelet that will go with all our party outfits, and with gift-giving already in full force, nothing beats a handwritten thank-you note. Of course, to go along with old favorites, we'll be trying out some new recipes this Turkey Day, and these handcrafted spice mixes will be a delightful addition to your kitchen arsenal. There are lots more goodies to brighten up your November. Enjoy!
The December boxes are still going fast, so sign up now before we sell out again. Plus, our first ever POPSUGAR Must Have Men's Luxury box for the holiday is now available — treat the special guy in your life to our handpicked items we're sure he will love!