- 12 entertaining tricks to keep in mind this holiday — Billie
- Nine chic holiday mantels — California Home + Design
- Easy paint projects to update your decor — Real Simple
- Tips to finally finish that decorating project! — Houzz
- How to completely transform an old tree skirt — HuffPost Home
- For a memorable Christmas party, head outdoors! — Remodelista
There's something to be said about using the sleek, basic color combination of black and white. Whether you're incorporating these hues through a few accents or theming your entire space around this color duo, you're sure to achieve a high-end, high-style design. Better yet, black and white is a timeless trend, and the neutral hues can be incorporated into any interior and style. Check out a few key pieces below!
- Fornasetti natural wax candle ($165): This wax candle's mod, artsy vibe will light up your space — no pun intended.
- Cowhide Rug ($599): Sure to make a statement, cowhide rugs are a trendy investment piece that bring loftlike luxe to a room.
- Vagabond Vintage Black and White Plates ($54): Inspired by classic Moroccan tiles, these small dessert plates would look especially chic styled against vibrant dinner plates.
- Chainlink Coasters ($30): Use these printed coasters to add fashion-forward style to a bar cart or side table.
- Ariel Side Chair ($539-$639): Place this chair against a bright accent wall for a modern twist on the traditional Hepplewhite chair.
- Marble Trapezoid ($995): More art than accent, a bold black and white number could be just the piece to complete your bookcase or entryway console.
- Nothing Past Nothing Future Art Print ($29): Bold typography gives this print a vintage vibe that would make it a great start to your very own gallery wall.
- Handpainted Folk Owl Salt and Pepper Shakers ($24): Bring black and white into a shabby chic space with this unique set of salt and pepper shakers.
- Marimekko Siirtolapuutarha Räsymatto Black and White Bowl ($25): Use this bowl in your kitchen to display fruit or in a powder room to hold rolled-up hand towels.
- Florence Broadhurst Japanese Floral Decorative Pillow ($150, originally $188): Add this beaded black and white pillow to all-white bedding for a glamorous look.
- Cut Lace Vanity Tray ($14, originally $24): For a feminine touch, place this black tray on a dresser to display jewelry and accessories.
If you know someone who loves to write beautiful, handwritten letters, help her send snail mail in style with these chic gift ideas. A glamorous letter opener, cool vintage stamps, a colorful paperweight — we've found a variety of fun, inspired items for the friend who prefers classic correspondence. Shop our favorite picks for the modern snail-mail sender!
We've all got someone (or two or three . . .) on our gift list who rocks to their own special beat. So this holiday season, treat them to something spectacular that's easy on the eyes, music to their ears, and perfectly in tune with their personal sense of style.
Not only do Beats Solo HD headphones deliver the superior sound Beats by Dr. Dre products are famous for, but they also look as good as they sound — drenched in colors that are red like a heart, teal like Miami, white like snow, and lots more.
Like for most new parents, the holidays are especially magical for Amanda Johnson, who is learning to experience the wonder of the season all over again through her son's eyes. Sometimes it's simple to re-create and share cherished memories from her own childhood (new pajamas on Christmas morning!), and sometimes it's not (snow in San Francisco?), but she's making it happen in her own creative way with a hearty dose of inspiration from eBay.
Check out the video above to learn why Amanda relies on eBay during the holiday season and beyond, and get a glimpse of her brilliant bubble-machine "snowfall." Then head on over to eBay to reconnect with the toys and traditions you grew up with — and start sharing them with a new generation!
- Paper Christmas tree craft projects for kids
- What to give to a Star Wars fan
- Cold-weather-worthy soups
- Gag gifts under $10
- Adorable NFL dog gear for game day
- Get festive with celebrity-inspired red sequin looks
- Ed Burns talks holiday traditions with wife Christy Turlington
- Prettily packaged beauty gift sets
- Holiday party ideas for girlfriends
- Three ways to style Pantone's color of the year
- Gifts for the ultimate fashion girl in your life
- Who is the best new TV character of 2012?
- Techniques for ordering healthier sushi
- The most beautiful celebrity engagement rings of the year
- Presents to give a fashion lover
Have you done any decorating in your home lately? Added a brand-new bar cart? Organized a bookcase? Integrated some cool artwork? Whatever it is, we want to see it!
Show off all your shots of your home, both interior and exterior, through Instagram or our CasaSugar group page, Su Casa! Share pics on Instagram by tagging them #CasaSnap or upload your photos to Su Casa. Share any snapshots and stories related to home decorating, crafts, organizing, and gardening. If we see a photo we like, we might ask you if we can feature it on CasaSugar!
To learn how to post in our Su Casa group, read more. read more
Found in everything from fashion to decor, metallics are a current trend that no space should go without. If you're looking to add a small touch of glamour and shine, a few gold accents can give your room a hint of luxury. This Jayson Home Gloria Bolster Pillow will confirm anyone's obsession with anything and everything gold (especially during the holidays) — the handmade silk, ikat fabric, and knifed edges are enough to make any seating feel like a royal throne. But before you're convinced your space can't go without, consider the hefty $595 price tag. Although this silk accent would be an impressive detail, the price tag may require some serious thought.Keep reading to find the budget-friendly version of this chic trend!
For festive style that fits in long after the holidays are over, turn your home into a charming, wintry space with snowflake decor. Gilded accents, glowing lights, cozy throw pillows — these pieces will bring the delicate, elegant look of snowflakes to every room. Tired of the typical holiday colors, or hoping to create a more refined look? Shop these snowflake-inspired pieces for chic seasonal style!