Each Spring, Bay Area home enthusiasts flock to the San Francisco Decorator Showcase to get their design fix. If you're close to San Francisco, I recommend checking out this historic mansion's jaw-dropping transformation in person before it closes on May 27. Brimming with creative design solutions, I snapped some of my favorites that can be applied to any home. Keep reading to see which moments caught my lense!
Give your mom flowers, and she'll smile for a day. Take her to a hip floral class, and she can create arrangements for a lifetime. (that's right, the proverb works for Mother's Day gifts too). On Saturday, May 11, from 10-11 a.m., West Elm stores nationwide will show students how to create an arrangement from The Flower Recipe Book, penned by highly sought-after floral designers Alethea Harampolis and Jill Rizzo of Studio Choo.
For $65, you'll be equipped with a vase, clippers, blooms, and a book, so all you have to do is call your local store to reserve a spot and show up. Yes, it's that easy!
Aside from the bonding points you'll score while crafting your killer arrangement, the inclusion of this jaw-dropping coffee-table tome bundles two gifts in one. The book is filled with step-by-step tutorials ranging from bouquets to garlands and is categorized by season and formality, so there's no need for the class to end on Saturday!
Want to know what we really love about Trips With Tia, the brand-new web series exclusively on Circle of Moms by POPSUGAR? Not only do you get to see the All New 2014 Kia Sorento in action while hanging out with reality TV star Tia Mowry and her friends as they share parenting stories and tips, but also, it offers the chance to win fun, family-friendly prizes!
Watch this week's webisode, featuring Tia, Diane, and Lizzie chatting about all that goes into being a mom. Then check out the pictures above for behind-the-scenes photos of this funny and insightful segment. Pin your favorite image to one of your Pinterest boards for a chance to score $250 courtesy of the All New 2014 Kia Sorento — perfect for putting towards a spa day.
Red Carpet Fashion and Beauty Coverage:
- Who nailed punk-chic at the 2013 Met Gala?
- Zoom in on all the Met Gala carpet beauty looks
- See all the ladies from the red carpet
- Anna Wintour goes back to Chanel at the Met
- Get double the trouble with the Met Gala's most stylish duos
- Red carpet celebrity good girls gone bad
- Industry insiders on the beautiful chaos behind the ball
- Check out the best accessories from the Met Gala
- Celebrity moms let lose on the red carpet
- Vote on Gwyneth Paltrow's pink punk look
Can't-Miss Style Changes:
- Anne Hathaway dyes her hair a must-see edgy blond
- Is that a gray hair we see, Nicole Richie?
- Click here in case you missed Katy Perry's medieval makeup
- Gwen Stefani's asymmetrical updo speaks for itself
- Give us your opinion on Sarah Jessica Parker's headpiece!
Pictures, Videos, and the Moments You May Have Missed:
- Kanye defends Kim's style at the Met Gala
- The most stunning staircase pictures of celebrities at the Met Gala
- Pictures of the stressed-out man behind Beyoncé's dress train
- An exclusive sneak peek of Kate Bosworth pre-Gala
- Stylish social media pictures from the Met Gala
- Riccardo Tisci talks dressing women for the Met Gala
- What's the final verdict on the night's truest punk?
More versatile than silver and less flashy than gold, brass is enjoying its moment in the metallic spotlight, and we are thrilled. Think of it as your new best accessory: it goes with anything, feels rich (more old-money than new) and wears oh-so well. Get ready, get set — brass attack!
Whether you're looking to be bold or keep it mellow, make yellow your go-to hue. Once the Spring-cleaning is done, a bright touch can easily refresh your space and kick off the Summer months. Since decorating with this color can be tough (and even a bit intimidating), we took to Instagram for examples to help guide and inspire you and your home. Add flowers, or go all out with a coat of paint. Really, there's no excuse not to brighten up your space with this cheery color!
P.S.: Find out how we're using yellow all Summer long by following us on Instagram!
- Head to Neverland with a Peter Pan-themed baby shower — Moms
- Tips for seeing your ex again — in GIFs — Sex & Culture
- Which TV shows are still in limbo? — Entertainment
- Jennifer Garner takes Violet and Seraphina to Disneyland — Celebrity
- A roundup of this year's best Kentucky Derby hats and looks — Beauty
- How to unleash your inner punk style — Fashion
- Steal Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi's ranch-style decor — Home
- Kick off Salad Month with savory salads fit for Spring — Food
- Ditch your ab fat, thanks to these foods — Fitness
- Apps to get the party started and prevent drunk dialing — Tech
- Tried-and-tested tools for learning Spanish — Smart Living
- Critters in spots they don't belong in — Pets
- Video: Hairstyles that look great wet or dry — Beauty